Thursday, March 31, 2011

Parmesan Pizza Crust

3/31/11

Parmesan Crust Pizza

So the recipe turned out good! It calls for wheat flour, which is what I used, but wheat can be too overwhelming so we didn't really taste the parmesan in the crust. Next time I will just use All-purpose flour. This recipe is taken from a blog I found a while ago How Sweet it is. So here it is....

2 cups whole wheat pastry flour

1 teaspoon active dry yeast

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/3 cup parmesan cheese

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 tablespoon honey

3/4 – 1 cup lukewarm water

In a large bowl combine flour, salt, yeast and parmesan cheese. Mix with a spoon and create a well in the middle. Add in 3/4 cups water, honey and olive oil. Stir with a spoon until dough comes together. Continue to form into a ball with your hands. If more water is needed, add it by the tablespoon.

Knead dough for 1-2 minutes before placing it in a lightly oiled bowl and covering. Let rise for 1 1/2-2 hours.



Here is the bread in the oven rising. I let it rise only about an hour and it was fine.


Then I spread it out on the pan. I spray a light coating of Olive Oil cooking spray so the dough doesn't stick to the pan.


Yummy grated cheese :)
I used Colby Jack and Mozzarella. For extra flavor put about 1/4 a tub of Philadelphia Italian herb and cheese cooking creme. Delish. It doesn't have to add extra fat if you don't put as much grated cheese on it!


I make my own sauces for everything. I just threw this and that in. I used some tomato paste and some petite diced tomatoes along with tomato sauce (I use all-natural sauce and no salt added). I usually throw in some Italian seasoning, basil, oregano, garlic powder, etc.




Yummy...I forgot to take a pic when it came out of the oven. Oops. We liked it though!




My girl and I have been having so much fun during the day while her daddy works hard :)
Lots of playing and laughing. We went on a bike ride for a little bit today and roamed around. Abigail just sat in her trail-behind, bundled in her coat, and didn't make a peep (which is rare now) to watch everything. It was fun. She also LOVES our cat Jules. Abby gets really excited when I take her to the cat to pet her. She is also sitting up by herself but can't stay too long without toppling over yet. I'm sure she'll be a pro in a few days.




So I had to throw in life at the Johnson's. How could I not?!

No comments:

Post a Comment