Friday, November 30, 2012

Broccoli Salad Recipe

11/30/12

The other week I had this broccoli salad at my parent's new church...it was YUMMY. I didn't get the recipe but took note of some of the ingredients in the salad before I devoured 2 helpings...hehe. I looked online for recipes and decided to use ingredients I had and tweak a few recipes with my own twist. I made this salad last night and it was good (along with homemade meatloaf, skillet green beans and cornbread muffins. yum)....my brother and sister in law had dinner with us and Rebecca loved it (my hubby and Erik won't touch it of course). So I told her I would post this :)

This is my OWN version and I am not always good at measuring things..I eyeball. So don't freak out when I say "handfuls" in the recipe....it's my best guess of what I did. If you feel something is too much/little then adjust for you :)
 Aren't these pics just pretty? I have truly been enjoying the beauty of fruits and veggies God created for us!




Steph's Broccoli Salad (healthier than any version I've seen)
1 head broccoli
1/4 chopped onion
couple handfuls of grapes
handful almonds
handful craisins
3-4 slices bacon
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 tbsp white vinegar
3 tbsp sugar
1/4 lemon zest
1/2 of the juice of a lemon


Directions
1. Cook bacon and crumble.
2. Cut broccoli into small pieces or however big you prefer. Chop onion. Cut grapes into slices.
3. Put broccoli, onion, grapes, almonds, craisins, bacon in a bowl.
4. In a small bowl combine yogurt, mayo, vinegar, sugar.
5. To zest the lemon take a small grater and just lightly grate the outside of the lemon (1/4 of the lemon). Cut the lemon in half and squeeze into the small bowl.
6. Whisk wet mixture or stir together.
7. Pour wet mix over broccoli mix and stir together. Let sit in fridge for a couple hours before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment